NetFlorist is celebrating Nougat Day on 26 March 2021, and we’re here to tell you why you should be too! While NetFlorist is known as the go-to for occasions such as Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, and Father’s Day, we also choose to celebrate the lesser known occasions. Now, we have added Nougat Day to the list. Why? Because they’re fun, that’s why!
While the occasion has previously been celebrated by various other countries, Sally Williams is perhaps solely responsible for pioneering Nougat Day in South Africa, 2021. Sally Williams recognised what we already knew. That nougat has never been more deserving of its own day!
So why not add a little sweetness and softness to yours or somebody specials’ day, whether as a snack, treat or even as an ingredient in one of Sally Williams’ delicious recipes?
NetFlorist’s personal favourite is by far the Sally Williams Baked Nougat Cheesecake:
Biscuit Base Ingredients:
150g Shortbread biscuits
60g Salted butter, melted
- Pulverize the biscuits and melted butter until the mixture is semi-fine.
- Line and grease a 20cm cake tin well.
- Spread the biscuit mixture over the base.
- Place into the fridge to firm up.
Secret Chocolate Layer Ingredients:
160g Sally Williams Chocolate with Roasted Nougat (milk or dark chocolate, depending on your preference)
- Break chocolate slabs into pieces and melt slowly in the microwave. Stir every 10 seconds to avoid burning the chocolate.
- Pour evenly over the biscuit base and return to the fridge to chill while preparing the filling.
Cheesecake Filling Ingredients:
250g Plain, Smooth Cream Cheese
250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese
10g Corn Flour
75g Castor Sugar
3 Whole Eggs
110g Sally Williams Nougat, cut into chunks (flavour of choice)
- Mix the cream cheeses, corn flour and sugar together until well combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after adding each one is added.
- Fold in the nougat chunks.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin.
- Cover the base and sides of the cake tin with a sheet of tin foil. Bake in a bain-marie. (What is a bain-marie? A bain-marie is placing the cake tin into a deep tray, filled with warm water, till halfway up the tin, place a cloth on the bottom of the tray to prevent the cake tin from moving around on the tray.)
- Bake at 150⁰C for 1 hour.
- Remove the cake from the bain-marie and place into the fridge to cool down and firm up. If possible let it rest overnight.
- Decorate with extra chunks of nougat and fresh fruit.
Satisfy their sweet tooth (or yours) this Nougat Day with one of NetFlorist’s exceptional nougat gifts. If you’re one of those people that believe that there is nothing particularly ‘exceptional’ about nougat, NetFlorist’s personalised gifts will change your mind in a jiffy! Add a little fun to your and a special someone’s everyday routine this Nougat Day and do so with a surprise NetFlorist delivery – nationwide!