So today is my 30th Birthday and I figured to help me deal with my anxiety why not jot down all the things I have learned in 30 years, that have helped me navigate through this thing called life. I then came across a similar post I did on my 26th birthday and the lessons are still very valuable and on point, so I am just going to add to them. Hope you guys enjoy and heres to “apparently” the best years of my life, HELLO 30!
1. You will hit a point where nothing makes sense, where you question everything, and wonder how you got to this point in life.
2. I have come to learn that with faith all things are possible. So choose faith over worry.
3. Just as you are growing and learning more about life so are the people around you. There’s nothing you can do about it growth is inevitable. Sometimes it’s for the best – sometimes it’s not. Try not to hold it against anyone, they’re figuring this life thing out, too.
4. Bad things do happen to really good people but sometimes there lies a miracle within it all. Don’t get discouraged.
5. You are bound to make a few bad decisions. They are both a blessing and a curse. Appreciate the blessing, and learn from the curse.
6. Do the things you love while you are still alive, life really is short.
7. If you feel uninteresting, become interested. It is your passions, pursuits, and knowledge that enrich you as a person, and before you know it, you’ll be admired for that.
8. Music will get you through the good times and the bad times in your life. Create playlists for every mood.
9. Words do have the power to hurt or heal, so choose them wisely.
10. Take care of your health but don’t obsess over it, be happy in your own skin, trust me the people you are trying so hard to impress don’t even notice or care.
11. Have the courage to do what you want when you want and how you want.
12. Make time for old and new friends. Trust me dinner/lunch invitations,get fewer by the years.
13. Treat everyone fairly you never know where everyone will end up and you don’t want to be kissing peoples a** just to get ahead in life.
14. Remember you are responsible for your own life
15. They’ve figured out a way to break my heart too.
16. Don’t get caught up in the Social Media hype you might just lose yourself.
17. Do not be afraid to put yourself out there to make friends and really connect with friends – chances are that they are just as worried as you are about making a fool of themselves.
18. Material possessions are exactly that just material but it’s ok to enjoy them just don’t worship them.
19. Take Risks, if you win, you’ll lead, if you loose, you’ll guide.
20. If you don’t build your dream, Someone will hire you to build theirs. Success is all about hard-work, consistency, passion and will.
21. Love all, but don’t get your happiness attached to any of it.
22. Genuine intention & efforts pays sooner or later.
23. You will eventually grow comfortable no matter where you go and what you do. Don’t mistake comfort for happiness.
24. Relish your victories, but do so humbly, never attempt to build yourself on the misfortune of others.
25. Don’t let other people’s fears dictate what you do. You must believe in yourself before anyone else will believe in you.
26. When it is your time things will fall into place – don’t let other people’s success pressure you, take your time to do you.
27. Protect your mental health it’s OK to walk away from people and things that don’t add value to your life.
28. Sometimes your oldest friends won’t be your closest friends. As you get older you will realise that sometimes new relationships will be more priceless than the old ones.
29. Keep learning, and keep adapting, life is never the same two days in a row.
30. Yes there are many bad days but it gets better, way better. Keep Going!