So for today’s recipe I decided to try something different by cooking with friends. So I let my friend Zama create a recipe for me to replicate while she watches on. Hopefully I do her Knorr Naturally Tasty Beef Lasagne recipe justice. Let me know what you guys think.
In her own words this recipe is super cheesy and comforting, the stretchy mozzarella is simply impossible to resist. A simple yet delicious winter dish that can feed the masses.
- 500g lean ground beef
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup FRESH chopped basil
- 1 large chopped tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese cubes
- 12 -16 lasagna noodles
- 1 cup milk
- 1x chopped green & yellow peppers
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon butter
The Meat: In a pan, cook the ground beef, onion, garlic and salt on medium/high heat until browned. Add the parsley flakes, tomato, peppers and fresh basil. Simmer 1 hour.
The Noodles: While the meat simmers go ahead and prepare the noodles. Soak the noodles in hot water for about 30 minutes or until soft.
- Cheese Sauce: Melt your butter on a low heat, and add your flour. Then slowly add your milk, cream and mozzarella cheese mixing all the while so you don’t get lumps. If you do, stop and you whisk until the lumps disappear. Once all your milk is added let it simmer for about 5 minutes..
Putting It together: Spray a baking pan with cooking spray. Place a tablespoon of meat on the bottom of the pan then layer noodles, meat, cheese mixture, and mozzarella cubes; repeat 2x. Top off with layer of noodles; sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese. Cover with tin foil.
Bake: in preheated oven for 25 minutes covered with foil. After 25 minutes remove foil, and bake an additional 20 minutes or until cheese mixture is thoroughly melted.. Cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Before starting, some things to note, prep time is about 30 minutes, cooking time about 45 minutes, pre-heat oven to 180 Degrees. This serves up to 6 people, ENJOY
Hope you guys enjoyed this recipe. Make sure to create more delicious moments with your family and friends using the Knorr Naturally Tasty products, they truly do make cooking more fun and exciting. Trust me on this one go spoil yourself and unearth great flavour combinations. For those of you always asking where you can get the products they are available at all the major grocery stores , I get mine from Checkers.
For more recipes from Zama you can visit her blog here: Lamb Loves Thyme