If any of you are a Jamie Oliver fan like me then I am pretty sure you have tried this recipe before. It’s easy, delicious and quick to prepare. The Tomato Spaghetti is usually my go to meal when I am taking a break from meat, you know #MeatlessMondays is quite the thing now. To start my week on a good note I decided to make this dish for two of my friends and I for Lunch on Monday and oh boy was it perfect. Jamie Oliver is such a genius but do you know what’s even better? Adding the Knorr Tomato Based Dry Cook-In-Sauce to this already tantalising recipe.
Here’s what you will need to create this yummy dish at home: Prep Time 5 minutes / Cook Time 15 minutes / Serves 3-6 people
Ingredients (This recipe is also perfect to help stop food wastage, everything I used was left over ingredients, you know those two tomatoes that never get used or the leftover olives etc)
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
2x tomato chopped
1 teaspoon salt,
1 teaspoon pepper,
1 cup black olives
1 Cup water
1 cup shaved cashew nuts (optional)
½ cup fresh green peppers, chopped (optional)
½ cup fresh green purple cabbage, chopped (optional)
1. Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water until it’s al dente.
2. While the spaghetti is cooking, heat olive oil in a large pan . Add garlic, tomatoes and Knorr Tomato Based Dry Coo-In-Sauce and stir until well-incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
Cook tomatoes down for 5 minutes until they soften and release some of their juices.
3. Then add the water and allow that to reduce for 5 minutes until you’re left with a thick sauce.
Add the pasta to your sauce and toss to coat it for about 1-2 minutes so the pasta finishes cooking and absorbs the flavour of the sauce.
4. Add the olives, purple cabbage and green peppers. Add another small splash of pasta water, if needed. Toss until the olives and peppers are soft and you’re left with a smooth sauce.
5. Once the sauce reaches your desired smoothness, garnish with cashew nuts and serve immediately.