It’s almost summer time which means Braai season is finally upon us. To kick of the beautiful sunshine days Heritage Day yesterday was the perfect excuse for me to get out the grill and make these absolute firey delicious Peri Peri Chargrilled Chicken Wings, which were a massive hit. The secret to my winning wings is the all new Knorr Peri Peri dry-cook-in sauce which gave them a delicious fire pepper flavour, that had my guests asking for more. To make these yourself at home just follow the simple recipe below and enjoy!
Prep Time – 10 minutes Cook Time – 1hr 30min Total Time = 1hr 40min
2 1/2 tablespoons ground black pepper
1 tablespoon Knorr Peri Peri Sauce
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon seasoned salt
1 kg chicken wings, rinsed and dried
1 tablespoon honey
45 mL lemon juice
1. Make a dry rub by sifting the pepper, Knorr Peri Peri sauce, garlic powder, and seasoned salt into a bowl to blend.
2. Place the chicken wings in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour in the dry rub and shake to coat the wings well. Marinate for at least 30 minutes (at room temperature) or as long as 24 hours (in the refrigerator).
3. Prepare Braai stand. Make sure the coals are in a pile to one side of your Braai stand. After the coals have turned white, set the wings on the grate so they will cook smoke for 25 minutes. Turn the wings and smoke for another 20 to 25 minutes.
2. Mix the lemon juice, Honey, Knorr Peri Peri Sauce together in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until warmed through, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Place the wings in a disposable foil pan and pour the warm sauce over the wings. Toss to coat evenly. Cover and smoke for another 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the glaze is finished the way you like it.
4. Remove from heat and serve.
I hope you all had a fantastic heritage day yesterday! ENJOY THIS RECIPE!