Hello guys, Zama here from Lamb Loves Thyme! I am so excited to be sharing this recipe with all the Average South African readers.
One of my favourite things to do, is develop and adapt recipes according to what’s in season, and what’s in the fridge.
I make fuss free food that looks and tastes great, with minimal effort, and these lamb sliders are the perfect example.
The flavour combinations are pretty simple, but work incredibly well together, so for those of you who are not known for their kitchen skills, this will impress.
This recipe makes 4-6 Lamb Sliders.
1 kg Lamb Mince
2 Teaspoons garlic
250G Crumbed feta
Finely chopped rosemary and oregano
1 Red Pepper
1 Small Red Onion
1 Cup plain yogurt
½ cup chopped celery or cucumber
Salt & Pepper
Ciabatta Bread How To:
1. Start by thinly slicing your red onion and soaking those slices in balsamic vinegar.
2. In a dish mix your lamb, garlic, herbs and feta cheese and season. Shape into patties and leave in the fridge covered in cling film.
3. In a small bowl mix your yogurt, cucumber or celery and mint. Set aside. (I love this with curries as well)
4. Get your grill ready because the remainder of our cooking will take place on it.
5. Quarter your pepper and place skin side on a hot dry grill and let it char (blacken slightly) and peel the waxy cover. Slice and set aside.
6. Now get your burgers on that grill and cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until your preferred taste. I like my meat dead.
7. Toast your slices of ciabatta, and spread thinly with yogurt mixture (thinly)
8. Assemble by first placing your rocket, your grilled peppers, lamb patty and then top with your yogurt and onions.
9. You now have a very good looking slider that also tastes amazing! Serve with crisps or a light salad.
Food is best enjoyed when shared over drinks and great conversations, so invite mates over when making these. I have more recipes like these on my blog Lamb Love Thyme and would love it if you guys checked them out. Hope you guys enjoyed this post. Happy Saturday!