It’s just another Sunday which just happens to be the start of a New Year. Instead of making new years resolutions I figured this is the year I will continue to build on the old ones until I perfect and complete them. Every year most of us start the year by setting new goals but we never really look back at the previous ones we set to see if have indeed achieved them. So this year instead of starting a new, my plans for 2017 are as follows:
1. Be More Committed – I need to be more committed and not have one foot out the door most of the time because I am afraid of failure. Instead I am going to give 100% to everything and take a look back at all the good things I have given up on and see how I can correct them and bring that lost joy back into my life.
2. Single Focus – I am one of those people that like to dabble in a lot of projects at once but this year I am going to only focus my attention on the major keys and work towards making those a success. Less clutter and more attention to the right things so that I in return can better help others to improve their skill sets.
3. Changed Attitude – Lets just say I am going to stop acting like a know it all but rather shut up and listen more. If there is anything I have learned in 2016 is that the world changes every second and what works for me may not work for everyone else. Step outside of your own bubble every once in awhile and you will see that the world is not as it seems when in your own bubble. Travelling helps me embrace new things maybe it can work for you too in 2017.
4. Increased Faith – Look I am nothing without my faith. Whenever I find peace within, my life seems to move in the right direction and then I get cocky and think I got this, then I lose it all. So it’s simple really I need to be consistent in my faith and not only find it when times are tough but also when times are great.
5. Be Present – I think 2016 has proved to us all that life truly is short. I need to be more present and spend more time with those that matter to me and stop being so busy all the time. I am always busy working, and stressing about life instead of just living and seeing what comes next. It might just be something spectacular but knowing me I will be too busy to notice it.
I guess all I want for 2017 is the strength to go through this thing called life sharing my smile with everyone I come across. Hope you all have a great 2017 and I truly hope you find that which you are looking for. Thank you for visiting my blog and for all the support, sometimes I feel like it’s just my mom that reads it but then I get amazing emails from some of you that make my year all the more amazing. You guys keep me inspired and motivated and I hope I can in turn do the same for you.
17 thoughts on “Let’s Get 2017 Started – Happy New Year”
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year 🙂
Happy New Year hope it’s a great one!
Thank you hope yours is great 🙂
Excellent goals. I gave up making New Year resolutions many years ago. They rarely lasted more than a few weeks at most. Happy New Year!
Happy New Year – hope it’s off to a great start.
Happy New Year!!
Thank you hope you have a great 2017 🙂
Thank you, you and yours as well 🙂
nice goals, good luck!
Thanks for the inspiration!
you are welcome 🙂
your site seems very helpful with your blogs like 5 reasons why no one visits your blog. Great hel to new comers. Great.
read my great blogs brijkauldiary.com
Glad I can help I will check your blog out 🙂
Loved this post, I can never get enough of blogs that give factual and easy-to-do advice about things. I wrote 1 recently about unfucking (excuse my French) yourself from whatever is blocking your shine in order to flourish, that is my main goal and focus this year (https://blueeyedblackgirl.wordpress.com/2017/01/19/unfuck-yourself/) . Thanks for adding a couple of other things I should consider. Keep up the good work!
Glad you liked it 🙂 let me go check yours out now 🙂 Happy Friday