Bloemfontein has always been one of those cities you simply drive through when heading to the Western Cape but this time around I actually stopped and spent a few days there. On first impressions you would think that it’s one super boring place but once I started to explore, I found some awesome places that are totally worth a visit. So I figured I would let you guys in on some of the fun spots:
1. Naval Hill Planetarium: The Planetarium sits on top of Naval Hill with its beautiful panoramic views of Bloemfontein. Here you can expect to see some wildlife anything from Giraffes to Ostriches, or simply just enjoy an afternoon or morning park run with lots of other running enthusiasts. The planetarium offers one of the best if not best Cosmic Show & Tour in South Africa. You will also find the Nelson Mandela statue at the Naval Hill viewing decks which make for a perfect Instagram photo shoot moment LOL.
2. Boyden Observatory: If you are one with the stars then Boyden Observatory is the perfect place to visit in the night time to witness Gods beautiful sky creations. On our visit we got o see Saturn and that was one of the most beautiful experiences I have ever had. Boyden is also home to the third largest telescope in Africa.
3. Die Mystic Boer: This one is for all the cheap drinks lovers and tequila fanatics. If you are looking for a good jol in the town and some trashy delicious pizza then this is the perfect spot. Unfortunately though all they serve is pizza so don’t go looking to have a quiet sit down dinner here.
4. Mimosa Mall: Look the only reason why the mall has made the list is because it is one of the most relaxed malls I have ever been to in my life. It’s not crowded and the service at most of the stores is spectacular.
5. There are lots of other fun places to check out but I didn’t have the time, so will make sure I make another trip to Bloem soon and add to the list 🙂 HAPPY MONDAY!!